Ticker

Thursday 16 July 2009

Teachers cake


This is the cake that I have made for my boys teacher. It is quite a large cake and I really didn't mean to make it that large, but I just got carried away, so Mrs Johnson has a 10" square chocolate HD sponge. I took the off cuts into work for the lads to eat and they said it was lovely so hopefully Mrs Johnson will like it too. She is retiring tomorrow, so I will probably never see her again for any feedback anyway.

As a filling, I have used mactop which is a filling and crumb coat that I was introduced to by carol from sugar celebrations in Swindon. It is a liquid that whips up to about 4 times the volume and tastes really nice. Not as buttery as butter cream but a lot smoother. I had some left over so I placed it in the freezer and my boys ate it like ice cream. I think it is a bit like Mr Whippy ice-cream.

It was quite a quick cake to decorate. I marked the wood grain using a Dresden tool and the screws were marked with an icing nozzle and then painted with silver lustre mixed with rejuvenating fluid. The lettering was my first successful attempt with patchwork cutters. Not sure what I did differently this time but I did not have any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment