Ticker

Monday 20 July 2009

Scooby Doo



Here is my first attempt at a run out. My boys swimming teacher, who is a real star, took the boys to see Scooby Doo live in Oxford on Saturday which meant that I could go to Swindon to finish my royal icing course. As a thank you I thought that I would make her a cake. As it was Sunday when I decided to do it I couldn't get a wilton 2D pan so I had to thing of something else. I found a kids colouring page of Scooby doo and thought I would have a go at a run out. Using my new skills from the royal icing course, I made my first royal icing and then preceded to colour it and do the run out. I also ran out the lettering. The template for the letters was from the Mary Ford writing in Icing book.

The cake was almost totally successful but unfortunately I broke Scoobys pendant off as I removed the run out from the backing sheet. I quickly ran out another one and put it in the oven to dry off. An hour later it was dry, on the cake and the cake was delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment