Ticker

Sunday 5 July 2009

Mickey Mouse Cake


This my first attempt at using a wilton 3d cake tin. I went on a one day course at Sugar celebration in Swindon to learn the technique. The sponge is a chocolate HD cake ( recipe from the BSGUK forum). It is the first time that I have made this sponge and despite me leaving out the water in the recipe by mistake, it was very moist. Not sure what the water does, maybe it dilutes the chocolate flavour a bit.

Overall I am very happy with the cake. The red, black & yellow sugar paste is layered onto the cake. Mickeys face is dust mixed with rejuvenating fluid painted on. Mickeys hands have been dusted with pearl white to finish it off.

I feel happy to tackle any of these tins now and even more happy that they are only £2 to hire from local shops. Think I will be hiring rather than buying the tins.

No comments:

Post a Comment