Ticker

Tuesday 21 April 2009

White chocolate Roses cake

The inspiration for cake three was a wedding cake that I saw on someone else's website. I am sorry but I cannot remember where it was - so I cannot give credit for it.

The top tier was a 6" high density baileys sponge covered in Baileys butter cream. The recipe was taken from the recipe section of http://bsguk.org/forum/index.php I made the roses after attending a few evening classes in Swindon. Not quite the colour that I wanted but good practice all the same.

The bottom tier was a 10" carrot cake covered in orange butter cream.





The sides of the cake were white chocolate. I melted it and then spread it onto a sheet of parchment to set before cutting it to size and sticking to the cake with more buttercream. I only found out about having to temper chocolate after I had finished the cake - yet another learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment