Ticker

Saturday 29 August 2009

Queens Regiment side drum


This was my first cake for non family or friends. It was the most stressful cake that I have dome so far, not much sleep last night.

The cake is 3 x 7.5" HD sponge.

The crests were supposed to be runouts but I had to use such a fine piping tube to get the detail that it kept breaking. Luckily I had my image printer so I spent several hours cleaning up a picture of the actual drum and printed it out.

The journey to deliver it was a bit stressful as well, the model fell over and then when I actually got to the house it broke in half. Needed immediate surgery with cocktail sticks but it is OK again now, ready for the party tonight. The lady who ordered it was totally happy with it, she said that it far exceeded her expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment