Ticker

Friday 1 May 2009

Zippy cake


After flitting between a zippy 3d model or a star sign cake, I finally decided to do a little model of Zippy on a rainbow using the little zippy to copy from.

The cake is 10" cherry madeira which I cut in half and stacked. I marzipanned the cake, purely to assist my poor cake covering skills.

I was trying to make my life more difficult for myself whilst cutting the rainbow. I have a circle cutter and I was trying to cut semi circles with it. After many failed attempts, I simply cut strips of sugarpaste and place it onto the cake.

I need to practise the placing of the tappit lettering a bit more but at least I have now got the hang of cutting them out.

I tried to make zippy from home made paste but it didn't work so I had to go and buy some squires kitchen MMP, so I guess more practice at that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment